Chris Cardona, from the Venture Philanthropy Fund is one of my favorite philanthropy thinkers and an all around nice guy. Chris did conference coverage for a variety of blogs and he did a great summary of the conference for the Doing Giving Differently blog.
- Institutional philanthropy is in the midst of a full-fledged identity crisis.
- The “next gen” is the place to be.
- We’re only beginning to scratch the surface of engagement with our counterparts in other countries.
- Strategic philanthropy is important, but don’t underestimate charity.
- It’s not clear to me that most foundations are ready to engage with giving circles in a meaningful way.
For Chris' full post go here.